QGBC is proud to announce its 3rd Annual Conference that will take place on 29th, 30th & 31st October 2017. This year, the conference will address major issues and provide answers to some of the most significant challenges of environmental sustainability that are affecting the market as a result of the financial crisis and promoting best practice and solutions for the built environment for Qatar, the Gulf region and beyond.
QGBC aims to support the overall health and sustainability of the environment, the people, and economic security in Qatar for generations to come, and these principles underscore the 2017 conference’s key themes.
The conference is calling for abstracts* for
*Qatar Green Building Council will nominate a selected number of abstracts that can be developed into peer-reviewed articles for publication by a third party.
- The scope of the abstract and presentation should be related to one of the Conference Themes which have been identified for this year’s conference. Accepted abstracts will be published in a special conference proceeding exactly as submitted in the online version.
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts an Author may submit. Significant overlap or duplication among abstracts is discouraged and will result in disqualification of the abstracts.
- There is no limit to the number of authors per each abstract. However, a maximum of 2 authors can present in the Conference.
- All abstracts must be submitted online through the abstract submission page. Abstracts received through other means i.e. emails, will not be considered.
- Abstracts are limited to 550 words and must include a minimum of 4 learning objectives that attendees will be able to achieve after attending the presentation.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by experts in each of the abstract categories. Grading and selection criteria will be based on research quality, originality and merit, written content, and relevance to conference themes.
- 31 August 2018 : Abstracts Submission Deadline
- 13 September 2018: Abstracts Approval & Notification
- 20 September 2018: Authors Confirmation Deadline
- 14 October 2018 : Submission of Presentations